The 2016 summit will take place June 9-11 at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). MidWestSlav expresses appreciation to the UIUC’s International & Area Studies Library, and Russian East European, and Eurasian Center for sponsoring this year’s summit. A special thanks to generous donors who have made it possible continue the tradition of Slavic librarians summits indefinitely.
1. Your first stop once you arrive in Champaign-Urbana needs to be REEEC (located at 910 South 5th Street in Champaign, near Presby Hall). During business hours, REEEC will be ready to check you in, give you your summit materials, and send you on your way to Presby Hall. There is no registration fee. If you are arriving before 8:30 am or after 4:30 pm, please contact me off-list for details on the alternative procedures.
2. For those of you who are driving to the summit, parking permits can be picked up when you register at REEEC. Please contact Kit Condill (email@example.com) by June 3 2016
3. There is no charge for housing if you are staying in Presby Hall. Please email Kit Condill (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, May 30 which nights you will be staying at Presby Hall, so that they can have the rooms ready for you when you arrive. For most of attendees, this will just be the nights of June 9th and 10th. Some of you have already communicated with me about staying additional nights.
4. The following meals will be provided: Thursday-dinner; Friday-lunch & dinner. Attendees will be responsible for all other meals and personal snacks. Please inform Kit Condill (email@example.com) with any dietary concerns or preferences you may have. There are vegetarian options at all of our chosen venues.
5. The summit will begin with our first session at 1:00 pm on Thursday, June 9th, in Room 323C of the Main Library. For those who are so inclined, we will meet you at 12:45 at REEEC so we can walk over to the Library together (a 5- to 7-minute walk).
6. Wifi is available throughout the Library building, including the rooms where we will have our sessions.
7. Reimbursement. We will pass out a form on Friday afternoon in order to collect all the information we need to be able to reimburse you for your travel expenses. We will need your mailing address, full name, receipts from your airline/rental car/train/bus, and (for those of you who are driving yourselves here) a map (just a printout from Google Maps would be fine, for example) showing your route to and from the summit with a total number of miles.
For any logistical questions
you may have, feel free to call Kit Condill at (217)/244-2073
if you like, but the best way to reach me is via e-mail
). We are very much looking forward to having you here! Please do not hesitate to contact Kit with any questions.